Several articles have been published ahead of issue as part of our “In Press” feature:
- “Canadians studying medicine abroad and their journey to secure postgraduate training in Canada or the United States” by Ilona Bartman and team tracks Canadians studying medicine abroad (CSAs) to determine success rates in securing residency training.
- “International health experiences in postgraduate medical education: A meta-analysis of their effect on graduates’ clinical practice among underserved populations” by Dawe and McKelvie assesses the effect of postgraduate international health experiences (IHE) participation.
- “Developing Academic Advisors and Competence Committees members: A community approach to developing CBME faculty leaders” by Soleas and co-authors present the competencies required for developing competency-based medical education.
- “Flashback” by Rebecca Zhao painted an image depicting her experience in recalling a traumatic incident.
- “The Clinical Ultrasonography Elective in Clerkship (CUSEC): A pilot elective for senior clerkship students at the University of Saskatchewan” by Paul Olszynski and team describes a pilot program in which medical students participate in a clinical ultrasound (CUS) elective.
More details on these are provided below.Read more about Publications for the week of February 10th