Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission includes an abstract (250-300 words max.) on the first page or attached as a separate word file for multimedia submissions.
- The text submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- The text uses a 1.5-spaced, 12-point font; adheres to APA 7th ed. citation guidelines; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Research submissions are accompanied by any required research ethics and approval forms.
- You have received confirmation from a faculty member that they agree to nominate your work (Enter Faculty Nominator's Name and Email as a Supporting Agency in your Submission)
- Unless otherwise specified, the author(s) guarantee that the submission is their original work. Permission has been granted for any third-party material (e.g. images, artwork, etc.) that is being published in connection with your submission.
The Motley Undergraduate Journal is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Share-Alike License. Under this license, users are free to share (copy, distribute and transmit) and remix (adapt) the contribution, including for commercial purposes, providing that the original work is properly cited. Under Creative Commons, authors retain copyright in their articles.
Author Self Archiving Policy
Authors are permitted to post their work online in institutional/disciplinary repositories or on their own websites. Pre-print versions posted online should include a citation and link to the final published version in The Motley Undergraduate Journal as soon as the issue is available; post-print versions (including the final publisher's PDF) should include a citation and link to the journal's website.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.