The Canadian Medical Education Journal is looking for at least one section editor or co-section editor
The CMEJ is a vibrant, growing enterprise hosted by Canada for medical education across the globe.
Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=8DYMTzQAAAAJ&hl=en
Other CMEJ stats: https://journalhosting.ucalgary.ca/index.php/cmej/JournalStatistics
Section editors help shape editorial policy and the operation of the CMEJ. Besides making a considerable contribution to authors and medical education in Canada and abroad, section editors develop their editorial and writing skills and build a national and international reputation required by many institutions for promotion to higher ranks.
Working with the Editor in Chief, section editors
- Screen articles for compliance with the CMEJ policies
- Screen articles for relevance and quality: make a desk decline or send for review (or, sometimes, request revisions to comply with CMEJ policies and formatting before review)
- Communicate with authors regarding revisions
- Consult with the Editor on accepting submissions for publication (the Editor makes the final decision on terminal disposition of all articles)
- Work with the Copyeditor to produce the page proofs and secure author permission to publish
- Delegate the peer review of articles to associate editors as needed.
- Co-section editors will discharge these same duties but will do so as a team with another co-section editor.
Orientation, personalized training, and mentoring are a normal part of working at the CMEJ and will be provided for anyone joining our Editorial Advisory Board and working as an associate editor, section editor, or co-section editor.
To work as a section editor, prior experience as a journal editor and a letter of reference from someone familiar with editorial work are essential. Canadian citizenship or location is not required. Please send a letter of application outlining relevant experience and training to the Editor in Chief, Dr. Marcel D’Eon, at firstname.lastname@example.org.