As the official journal of the International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISSOTL), TLI has an international and multidisciplinary audience with SoTL as the common ground among its readers. Authors should prepare their materials with this readership in mind. Please read and prepare your manuscript according to the Writing for TLI’s Diverse Readers: Principles and Practices guide before submitting to Teaching & Learning Inquiry.
Articles are typically between 5,000 and 8,000 words, including references but not supplemental materials. TLI Reviews are typically between 1,000 and 3,000 words, including references. See About the Journal for more information on submission types.
Submission Preparation Checklist
- Submission anonymized: You have taken steps to anonymize your submission, removing any identifying information (e.g., author names, institutional affiliation in body of submission; comments with metadata).
- Submission prepared for TLI: You have reviewed and followed TLI's Style Guide as well as the principles and practices outlined in the Writing for TLI’s Diverse Readers guide.
- Identify corresponding author: Please appoint one person as the corresponding author who will be responsible for all exchanges with the TLI editorial staff. At a later stage in the process, authors will be asked to add names, email, affiliations, and a 1-sentence biographical description for all authors.
- Format: The submission file is in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or RTF file format. Supplementary materials, including tables, figures, and illustrations should be inserted into the single file of the submitted text at first mention, rather than uploaded as separate files or placed at the end of the file. Maximum file size is 90MB.
- Ethics Review: You have followed ethical practices and processes. If the submission includes human subjects, the project has been successfully reviewed according to the institution’s research ethics committee guidelines. Include an Ethics statement when relevant.
- Original Work: The submission, in whole or part, has not been previously published and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere in either article or review form.
- Copyright: Material in the submission does not infringe upon anyone else’s copyright.
- Author Acknowledgement: All named authors have made significant contributions to this work, have approved the final version for publication, and are accountable for the accuracy and integrity of their contributions to the work. Authors will notify the editors and provide retractions or corrections of mistakes promptly.