Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end of the text, with placement clearly marked within the text at the appropriate points.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- If applicable, the manuscript adheres to institutional and funding agency ethics requirements for collecting data on human participants.
The intent of each issue of PPLT is to include reviews of books authored by the conference keynote speakers, and other books relevant to teaching and learning in higher education.
The conference offers an opportunity for faculty, students, academic librarians and staff at the University of Calgary and the wider academic community to share, critically examine and build on our collective knowledge of teaching and learning.
Scholars are invited to review recent books written by the featured keynote speakers, or other books that pertain directly to the conference theme in learning and teaching in higher education.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following:
Authors retain copyright and, from 2021 onwards, grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY-NC) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Before 2021, a CC BY-NC-ND license applied to all articles.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.