Call for Book Reviews
The CJEAP Annual Review of Books
The Canadian Journal of Educational Administration and Policy is accepting book review proposals for the second CJEAP Annual Review of Books. This special issue of the journal focuses exclusively on reviews of recently published books in the fields of educational administration, philosophy of education, sociology of education, history of education, indigenous education, comparative education, and contemporary issues in education. This is the second special issue of this nature published by CJEAP.
We seek reviews that provide a critical evaluation of the book’s contents, offering insights into the main arguments, implications, and general value of the work for scholars, students and/or practitioners.
1. Proposal submission (200 words)
a. Send a 200 word proposal to email@example.com indicating the title of the book and the general significance of the work for the study of any of the fields mentioned above.
b. Please include your name, institutional affiliation, and contact information.
2. Submission of full review (2500 word max.)
a. After approval of the proposal, authors will be invited to submit their review.
b. Reviews will be submitted through the Open Journal System at
c. Please use APA style 6th edition.
d. All submissions will be subject to editorial review for clarity, conciseness, and general coherency.
• May 29, 2017, Proposal submission (200 words). Proposals received after this date may be considered for publication in 2019.
• June 22, 2017, Proposal approval/rejection sent to authors
• September 4, 2017, Submission of full reviews
• October 16, 2017, Revisions sent to authors
• December 11, 2017, Revised manuscripts sent to book editor.