Is There a Relationship Between Individual Learning, Team Learning, and Organizational Learning?
Keywords:individual learning, team learning, organizational learning, their relationships
Scholars suggest that there is a need for more research, particularly quantitative designs, that aim to examine the relationship between individual learning, team learning, and organizational learning. The purpose of this study is to investigate whether there is a relationship between perceived individual learning, team learning, and organizational learning. With a survey we collected data from 106 laboratory supervisors in Ontario hospitals to answer four research questions: 1) Is there a relationship between perceived individual learning and team learning?; 2) Is there a relationship between perceived individual learning and organizational learning?; 3) Is there a relationship between perceived team learning and organizational learning?; 4) Is there a relationship between perceived individual learning, or team learning, and a component of organizational learning? We found positive answers to the first three questions, but the answer to the last question was a little more complicated.Les chercheurs proposent qu’il faille pousser la recherche, notamment les études utilisant des modèles quantitatifs, qui portent sur le rapport entre l’apprentissage individuel, l’apprentissage en équipe et l’apprentissage organisationnel. L’objectif de cette étude est de déterminer s’il existe un rapport entre l’apprentissage individuel, l’apprentissage en équipe et l’apprentissage organisationnel tel que perçu par les participants. Par le biais d’un sondage, nous avons récolté des données de la part de 106 superviseurs de laboratoire dans des hôpitaux en Ontario qui ont répondu à quatre questions : 1) Existe-t-il un rapport entre l’apprentissage individuel et l’apprentissage en équipe tel que perçu par les participants? 2) Existe-t-il un rapport entre l’apprentissage individuel et l’apprentissage organisationnel tel que perçu par les participants? 3) Existe-t-il un rapport entre l’apprentissage en équipe et l’apprentissage organisationnel tel que perçu par les participants? 4) Existe-t-il un rapport entre l’apprentissage individuel, ou l’apprentissage en équipe et une composante de l’apprentissage organisationnel? Nous avons trouvé des réponses affirmatives aux trois premières questions, mais la réponse à la dernière est un peu plus compliquée.
How to Cite
UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA COPYRIGHT LICENSE AND PUBLICATION AGREEMENT
If accepted, authors will be asked to sign a copyright agreement with the following points:
A. Where there is any inconsistency between this Copyright License and Publication Agreement and any other document or agreement in relation to the same subject matter, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
B. This document sets out the rights you are granting in relation to publication of your article, book review, or research note entitled (the “Article”) through inclusion in the academic journal titled Alberta Journal of Educational Research (the “Journal”) published through the Faculty of Education, representing the Governors of the University of Alberta (the “Journal Editor”).
C. There will be no payment to you for this publication and grant of rights. In consideration of the agreement to publish the Article in the Journal:
1. You are warranting that:
- the content of the Article is your original work, and its content does not contain any material infringing the copyright of others; or, where the Article is not entirely your original work, you have obtained all necessary permissions in writing to grant the rights you are giving in this agreement;
- the content of the Article does not contain any material that is defamatory of, or violates the privacy rights of, or discloses the confidential information of, any other person;
- the Article has not been published elsewhere in whole or in part, and you will not allow publication of the Article elsewhere without the consent of the Journal Editor;
- the names of all co-authors and contributors to the Article are:
2. You agree to license the copyright in the Article to the Journal Editor, on a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free basis; and to the extent required by the terms of this agreement. You shall retain the right at all times to be acknowledged as the/an author of the Article.
3. You further agree that the Journal Editor has the entitlement to deal with the Article as the Journal Editor sees fit, and including in the following manner;
- The right to print, publish, market, communicate and distribute the Article and the Journal, in this and any subsequent editions, in all media (including electronic media), in all languages, and in all territories, ing the full term of copyright, and including any form of the Article separated from the Journal, such as in a database, abstract, offprint, translation or otherwise, and to authorize third parties to do so;
- The right to register copyright of the Journal;
- The right to edit the Article, to conform to editorial policy as the Journal Editor sees fit.
4. If any co-author or contributor to the Article does not sign this agreement, the Journal Editor reserves the right to refuse to publish the Article.