Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format or RTF. Everything to do with the article should be in one document (i.e., text, references, tables, figures, appendices, abstract, keywords, etc).
- The submission has NOT been masked/blinded. ALL author(s) information, references and citations are included in the submitted manuscript. (We do the masking here.)
- Where available, URLs or DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements of APA 7 and as outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The online submission includes ALL co-authors and their affiliations (after entering the first author, use the "Add Author" button to add others).
- For grant reporting purposes, we are required to keep data on whether our authors are researchers or students at the time of writing the manuscript. If you are not entering bios at this time, please say a few words about this in each author's Bio section. Please also ensure affiliations are shown. Note: the bio section can be changed later.
UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA COPYRIGHT LICENSE AND PUBLICATION AGREEMENT
If accepted, authors will be asked to sign a copyright agreement with the following points:
A. Where there is any inconsistency between this Copyright License and Publication Agreement and any other document or agreement in relation to the same subject matter, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
B. This document sets out the rights you are granting in relation to publication of your article, book review, or research note entitled (the “Article”) through inclusion in the academic journal titled Alberta Journal of Educational Research (the “Journal”) published through the Faculty of Education, representing the Governors of the University of Alberta (the “Journal Editor”).
C. There will be no payment to you for this publication and grant of rights. In consideration of the agreement to publish the Article in the Journal:
1. You are warranting that:
- the content of the Article is your original work, and its content does not contain any material infringing the copyright of others; or, where the Article is not entirely your original work, you have obtained all necessary permissions in writing to grant the rights you are giving in this agreement;
- the content of the Article does not contain any material that is defamatory of, or violates the privacy rights of, or discloses the confidential information of, any other person;
- the Article has not been published elsewhere in whole or in part, and you will not allow publication of the Article elsewhere without the consent of the Journal Editor;
- the names of all co-authors and contributors to the Article are:
2. You agree to license the copyright in the Article to the Journal Editor, on a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free basis; and to the extent required by the terms of this agreement. You shall retain the right at all times to be acknowledged as the/an author of the Article.
3. You further agree that the Journal Editor has the entitlement to deal with the Article as the Journal Editor sees fit, and including in the following manner;
- The right to print, publish, market, communicate and distribute the Article and the Journal, in this and any subsequent editions, in all media (including electronic media), in all languages, and in all territories, ing the full term of copyright, and including any form of the Article separated from the Journal, such as in a database, abstract, offprint, translation or otherwise, and to authorize third parties to do so;
- The right to register copyright of the Journal;
- The right to edit the Article, to conform to editorial policy as the Journal Editor sees fit.
4. If any co-author or contributor to the Article does not sign this agreement, the Journal Editor reserves the right to refuse to publish the Article.
AJER is committed to protecting user privacy online. We will not disclose individually-identifiable information about a user to any third party without the express permission of the user, unless required to by government or other law enforcement authority.
AJER may link to independently run web sites outside of the ajer.ca domain. We take no responsibility for the content or the privacy practices of such web sites.
AJER uses Google Analytics to track statistical information about the numbers of visitors to the site. To do this Google Analytics sets first party cookies on each visitor’s computer. This is used to store anonymous information. We do not collect any information though our traffic logging that allows us to personally identify users.
This policy may be updated from time to time. If significant changes are made, a notice will be posted on the home page of the website.