L'éducation préscolaire 4 ans temps plein au Québec : réflexions quant aux besoins et aux enjeux de formation continue des enseignantes
In Quebec, many teachers took the responsibility of a full-time 4-year-old preschool class since the last years. This new situation makes necessary a reflection about the needs specific to the initial and continuing education of these teachers. However, few studies have until now documented the training needs of the teachers who work there. This article offers a reflection on the needs specific to the continuing education of full-time 4-year-old preschool teachers in the light of the results of eight studies whose research subject was related to full-time 4-year-old preschool in Quebec. Moreover, the issues to be considered to improve the continuing education of these teachers are discussed.
Keywords: full-time 4-year-old preschool, teachers’ training; training needs, issues of teachers’ training; teachers
- Manuscripts submitted to CJNSE/RCJCÉ must be original work that has not been published elsewhere, nor is currently being considered for publication elsewhere. The author should confirm this in the cover letter sent with the manuscript.
- Articles that are published within the CJNSE/RCJCÉ must not be published elsewhere, in whole or part, for one year after publication.
- Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. Granting the CJNSE/RCJCÉ first publication rights must be in the cover letter sent with the manuscript.
- If the manuscript contains copyrighted materials, the author should note this in the cover letter sent with the manuscript, and indicate when letters of permission will be forwarded to the Editor.
- If the manuscript reports on research with “human subjects,” the author should include a statement in the cover letter that ethics approval has been received for the research, indicating the granting body and protocol number if applicable.
- Authors are encouraged to use language that is inclusive and culturally sensitive.